12.15.2004

Money doesn't buy happiness...but you knew that already, right?

If $300 million won't do it, no amount will. Wife of largest lottery winner ever isn't a happy camper:
"I wish all of this never would have happened," Jewel Whittaker told The Charleston Gazette for Tuesday's editions. "I wish I would have torn the ticket up."
The husband can't keep his ass out of trouble, either:
Since winning the lottery two years ago, her husband, Jack Whittaker, has been arrested twice for drunken driving and has been ordered into rehab. He pleaded no contest Monday to a misdemeanor assault charge for attacking a bar manager, and is accused in two lawsuits of making trouble at a nightclub and a racetrack.
I'll just take a pretty-well-off, slightly-above-average, non-spotlight life, thanks. (My Christmas list? My woman, our cats, and egg nog in front of the fireplace. Everything else is "just stuff", as an old friend once told me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment