9.05.2008

Penn Jillette on leaders...

We don't need great leaders...that's exactly what screws over Americans, power in the hands of someone with ambition to "fix it all".  Bush may be stupid, but Obama is not, and handing the reins of power to him just might be worse in the long run.  Penn Jillett expounds:
"I don't want anyone as president who promises to take care of me. I may be stupid, but I want a chance to try to be a grown-up and take care of my family. Freedom means the freedom to be stupid, and that's what I want. I don't want anyone to feel my pain or tell me to ask what we can do for our country, or give us all money and take care of us.
...I think Ron Paul and Bob Barr mean it when they say they want much smaller government. But the government is already big enough, powerful enough and bipartisan enough (and "bi" means exactly two and no more) that Ron and/or Bob won't even be in the debates. People won't even hear someone suggesting that our president should do less and individual citizens should do more for themselves.

The choice shouldn't be which lesser of two evils should have the enormous power of our modern presidents. The question should be, who would do less as president? Who would leave us alone? "

No comments:

Post a Comment